Clinical I: CED 100: Introduction to the Education Profession (CED 150 is designed for all transfer students) (10 hours in laboratory clinical)
Clinical Experiences begin with the first semester of the program, Introduction to the Education Profession (Clinical 1). This laboratory based clinical includes guided walkthroughs at all levels of P-12 education. Candidates also will spend 6 hours in a classroom assisting and helping a teacher. While teacher candidates are introduced to all levels of public school education, they are also introduced to the profession, expectations and dispositions of professional educators including the ethics of educators. Teacher candidates are guided to consider whether this is the right career choice, and, if it is, what level or specific licensure area interests them.
Prerequisites to CED 100
- Criminal background check
- Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) Kentucky Field Experience Tracking System (KFETS) account must be established. This will set up your permanent EPSB account for your entire professional career. Be sure to read the ethics statement prior to entering any clinical hours in KFETS.
- FERPA training (link to online training module). This confidentiality training is required annually and during any clinical work in schools all candidates must adhere to confidentiality of information regarding your school, students or faculty.
Professional Core Hub Courses:
- SED 104 Explores learning needs of all students, from gifted to struggling learners
- CDF 203 for IECE majors ONLY instead of EDF 203
- EDF 203: Introduction to Education
- Accurate entry of KFETS hours (4),
- Signature assessment submission in Taskstream
- Grade of B or above in CED 100