Clinical IV: CED 400: Diagnosis and Prescription (minimum of 45 school based clinical hours)
In Clinical IV teacher candidates focus on diagnosis and prescription of student behavior and academic performance in this school based clinical. Teacher candidates develop and implement a student improvement plan for behavior using Applied Behavior Analysis and an academic improvement plan for achievement based on student learning data. In addition teacher candidates plan, teach and reflect on a minimum of three formal lessons observed by their clinical educator and cooperating clinical teacher.
- Completion of CED 300 with grade B or higher.
- Disclosure of any infractions leading to violation of Professional Code of Ethics (link to Ethics and Disclosure Form).
- Any violation of Professional Code of Ethics may require new Verified Credentials Background Check and possible hearing before the PEAC Committee.
- FERPA confidentiality training (annually).
Professional Core Hub Courses
- EMS 490 (Classroom Management for P-12)
- EDF 413 (Assessment in Education)
- SED 352 (Special Education and IECE majors only)
- Accurate and timely entry of KFETS hours (45)
- Signature assessment submissions: Unit Plan in EDF 413; Student Improvement Project for Academics in EDF 413; and Student Improvement Project for Behavior in EMS 490
- Grade of B or above in CED 400
GATE 2 Mid point Checkpoint: Data Review of Candidate Progress and Professional Code of Ethics