Applications for certification are processed when these steps are completed:
- completion of program requirements
- passing scores on applicable PRAXIS exam(s)
- EKU's final approval of official transcripts
- verification of earned degree
- verification of teaching experience and/or hours taken for some graduate programs and certificates.
For Frequently Asked Certification Questions, please open this link.
In order to receive certification from EPSB, the candidate must ensure the following is submitted to EPSB:
1. EPSB Application – You will initiate the application through your EPSB account. To do so, login at https://kecs.education.ky.gov/Account/Login.
Once you login, you will see these options for applications:
[ ] Add Emeritus Certificate
[ ] Rank Change (CA-1)
[ ] Renew Certificate(s) (CA-2)
[ ] Adding a new KY Certification (CA-1)
[ ] Principal Statement of Eligibility (CA-1)
[ ] Synchronize Certifications (CA-1/CA-2)
Please choose the appropriate application(s).
Within the application sections, you will complete/review:
1. Out of State License - Disclose if you have held an out of state license (if not, mark “I have never held an out of state license”);
2. Degrees – you will mark your name on “Name on Transcripts” and the date you requested your transcript from EKU on “Date Sent”
3. Assessments – verify EPSB has received your passing Praxis score(s) (Our office will then complete this section); and
4. Character & Fitness – complete all questions and electronic signature.
Payment may only be submitted after EKU completes the University Recommendation.
Applications are only valid for 90 days. Therefore, if the application for certification extends beyond this timeframe, you will need to initiate a new application.
3. PRAXIS – Successful completion of required PRAXIS exams for your specific licensure area is required for recommendation for certification. Passing scores for Kentucky are determined by EPSB. Scores must be received electronically by both EKU and EPSB before recommendation for certification can be made.
- PRAXIS score reports are available to you via your online ETS “My Praxis Account.” Scores will generally be available online 2-3 weeks after your test date. You will receive an email from ETS when your score report has been posted.
- NOTE: If you did not code EKU (1200) and/or EPSB (7283) as score recipients when registering for your exam(s), you must request an electronic copy be sent to the respective institution/agency at an additional cost to you. Paper score reports or scores older than 5 years will not be accepted.
Brandy Blackburn, MPA
Student Teaching/Certification Coordinator