COE Undergraduate Graduation
Steps to graduation:
- Spring and Summer graduates must file an application during the preceding September. Fall graduates must file an application during the preceding March.
- To apply to graduate, follow the instructions below.
- The graduation application process is not complete until all components have been completed
- All required parts of the PRAXIS exams and PLT exam are to be taken Prior to the Student Teaching Semester. NOTE: Some majors/minors require testing over two semesters. Candidates must review the schedule for PRAXIS tests registration deadlines prior to the beginning of the senior year (last two semesters). Specialty test(s) are required for each certification area sought.
- For certification, students must pass the state-required PRAXIS Exams (Professional Assessments for Beginning Teachers) and PLT (Principles of Learning and Teaching) exam.
- For more information about EKU's graduation/commencement ceremonies and how to order caps, gowns, etc., visit https://registrar.eku.edu/graduation-celebrations
1. Apply through EKU Direct
- Log on to EKU Direct
- Click "Student Services and Financial Aid"
- Click "Student Records"
- Click "Apply to Graduate"
2. Complete Required Graduation Surveys
Your satisfaction with, and reactions to, your education and student life experiences at Eastern are important to us, and will be used in educational planning. Because each survey is anonymous, you must complete each survey in one sitting. You cannot save a partially completed survey for completion at a later time. The completion verification form will be generated by the online survey software after you have completed and submitted your responses to the survey. Click the hyperlink below, read the online instructions and complete the surveys as directed.
3. Exit Examinations
Have you completed required PRAXIS examinations for your certification? For additional information regarding PRAXIS, visit Praxis. Remember.....PRAXIS is a graduation requirement! You must take the PRAXIS to graduate.....Pass the PRAXIS Exams to be certified. *IECE majors are not required to take the PLT exam. Questions concerning PRAXIS exams or PLT exam? Contact Andy Pickle - email@example.com
4. Graduation Fee
The graduation fee of $50 will automatically be assessed by Student Account Services. This fee covers the cost of your cap and gown, administrative and alumni association dues fee.
5. Questions? Contact Andy Pickle - firstname.lastname@example.org