Clinical II: CED 200: Understanding the Learner (minimum of 10 school based clinical hours)
Clinical II provides laboratory based clinical experiences in the co-requisite course(s). Teacher candidates are placed in a classroom for a minimum of 10 clinical field hours. Candidates will be assisting teacher, providing individual student help, tutoring students as needed. Teacher candidates are also expected to spend at least 2 of the 10 hours helping with an after-school event (Family Fun Night, Saturday School Festival, theater or dance events, art shows/exhibits, musical events, Odyssey of the Mind events or practice, rehearsals etc.).
- Disclosure of any infractions leading to violation of Professional Code of Ethics
- Any violation of Professional Code of Ethics may require new Verified Credentials Background Check and possible hearing before the PEAC Committee.
- FERPA online confidentiality training (link to FERPA here)
Professional Core Hub Courses:
- EDF 219: Learner Developmental Levels
- EDF 235 (for IECE majors ONLY instead of EDF 219): Developmental Levels Birth to 8
- Accurate entry of KFETS hours (10)
- Signature Assessment Submission in Taskstream
- Grade of B or above in CED 200
GATE I: Admission to Teacher Education at Eastern Kentucky University
Every teacher candidate must apply for admission to Educator Preparation and be formerly and officially admitted to the Educator Preparation Program at Eastern Kentucky University.
Admission Requirements: link to spot on web site
Admission Procedure: link to spot on web site
Appealing Admission Decision: link to spot on web site