Clinical III: CED 300: Curriculum and Instructional Design (minimum of 45 school based clinical hours)
Clinical III focuses on curriculum and instructional design in a school based clinical, with a focus on using formative assessment in the classroom. Teacher candidates observe and assist their assigned cooperating clinical teacher while learning the principles of curriculum and instructional design. Teacher candidates plan, teach and reflect on a minimum of 3 formal lessons in their assigned classroom. It is recommended teacher candidates and cooperating teacher begin this clinical experience using co-teaching strategies and working together. The clinical educator and cooperating clinical teacher provide feedback using a formal observation instrument. Teacher candidates in need of more mentoring are provided additional time and support to improve performance before moving on. All CED 300 Clinical Placements are located in Madison County.
- Disclosure of any infractions leading to violation of Professional Code of Ethics and
- Any violation of Professional Code of Ethics may require new Verified Credentials Background Check and possible hearing before the PEAC Committee.
- FERPA confidentiality training (annually)
Professional Core Courses:
- EMS 300W: Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Accurate entry of KFETS hours (50)
- Signature assessment submission: Unit of Study in Taskstream
- Grade of B or above in CED 300